Forgot password?
Not a member? Join to turn this site into an experience entirely unique to you! Track friends and enemies, select your own news wires and watch the pages adapt to suit your tastes!

Excerpt:

Wasserman Schultz, 42, a mother of three from Broward County, Fla., said Saturday that she successfully battled breast cancer for the past year — and is going public with her story in hopes of alerting young women to its prevalence. She'll introduce legislation Monday that calls for a national media and education campaign targeted to women between 15 and 39.

"I wanted to be able to not just stand up and say 'I'm a breast cancer survivor,' ... I wanted to find a gap and try to fill it,'' said Wasserman Schultz, who underwent seven major surgeries, including a double mastectomy and reconstructive surgery while balancing motherhood, Congress and her roles as a chief fundraiser for House Democrats and popular political surrogate, first for Hillary Clinton and then, Barack Obama.

Text:

Wasserman Schultz is one of the most visible women in the House.

Source: McClatchy

Share |

Just imagine: You could be blocking, following or conversing with these users if you signed up for or logged into your free FlameSlinger account!

Help /FAQ. Editor in Chief: Larry Womack. Editor: Rachel A. Sauerbier.
Copyright © 2011 FlameSlinger.com
Click here to buy Sale Posters!
Click here to buy Sale Posters!