Forgot password?
Not a member? Join to turn this site into an experience entirely unique to you! Track friends and enemies, select your own news wires and watch the pages adapt to suit your tastes!

Just in case you didn't already know he's angling for a cabinet appointment instead, Arnold Schwarzenegger dashed Republican dreams today by announcing he's not running in California. The governor / "Last Action Hero" star was seen as Republicans' only hope of ousting Democrat Barbara Boxer.

Leave it to the Governator, though, to publicly link the move to a broken campaign promise.

"I raised taxes, but I'm not running for anything," Schwarzenegger told Reporters. "So I'm more comfortable with it because I'm not running for anything, because I know it's the right thing. Even though I promised the people of California I'm not going to raise taxes, at the same time I said I'm not going to sign a pledge, because what if there's an emergency?"

"When I say I'm not running for anything, that's exactly what I mean," he clarified when pressed about the Senate race. "Until you change the Constitution."

Share |

Just imagine: You could be blocking, following or conversing with these users if you signed up for or logged into your free FlameSlinger account!

Help /FAQ. Editor in Chief: Larry Womack. Editor: Rachel A. Sauerbier.
Copyright © 2011 FlameSlinger.com
Click here to buy Sale Posters!
Click here to buy Sale Posters!