Forgot password?
Not a member? Join to turn this site into an experience entirely unique to you! Track friends and enemies, select your own news wires and watch the pages adapt to suit your tastes!

The names of 22 people banned from Britain for inciting hate included members of Hamas, terrorist leaders, racist Russian gang leaders and a minor American media personality who swears he'll sue.

"Coming to the UK is a privilege," British Home Secretary Jacqui Smith said when she revealed most of the names on Tuesday. "I refuse to extend that privilege to individuals who abuse our standards and values to undermine our way of life."

Conservative American radio host Michael Savage made the list, and he's... pretty pissed off about the company that's put him in. His entry is presumably because of his views on the Koran, which he has called "a book of hate," though Savage's inflammatory rhetoric has also offended liberals, gays and children with autism.

"This lunatic," he told the San Francisco Chronicle, which is still being published for some reason "is linking me up with Nazi skinheads who are killing people in Russia. She's putting me in a league with Hamas murderers who kill Jews on busses... I have never advocated violence."

"I've been on the air 15 years. My views may be inflammatory, but they're not violent in any way."

Savage swears he'll sue the secretary personally. A look at other Americans who made the list puts the row into perspective:

* Fred Phelps, whose anti-gay pseudochurch runs the websites God Hates Fags and God Hates America and has protested the funerals of US soldiers around the country.

* Phelps' daughter Shirley, who often serves as the media face of his church. She was arrested in 2007 for contributing to the delinquency of a minor for encouraging her son to trample an American flag at the funeral of a Nebraskan soldier.

* Stephen Donald Black, a white nationalist who owns and operates the Aryan supremacist Stormfront web forum. Black was a Grand Wizard of the Klu Klux Klan and a member of the Nazi party in the 1970s. Oddly enough, Black's son, who was recently elected to a Florida Republican committee (which has thus far refused to seat him,) did not make the list.

Share |

Just imagine: You could be blocking, following or conversing with these users if you signed up for or logged into your free FlameSlinger account!

Help /FAQ. Editor in Chief: Larry Womack. Editor: Rachel A. Sauerbier.
Copyright © 2011 FlameSlinger.com
Click here to buy Sale Posters!
Click here to buy Sale Posters!